Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

PUBLISHER:  Riverhead Books
PUBLICATION DATE:  January 13, 2015
PAGES:  336
MY RATING: 4.5/5 

From Goodreads


This book was so good.  I had it on my shelf for quite a while and finally read it!  I know it's been compared to Gone Girl and I can see why.  Though that book was good, I enjoyed this more.  This was a much faster-paced read, more suspenseful and had a creepy-feel to it which I loved!

This book alternates between three women's point-of-views; all who each have their own individual problems and issues.  It took quite awhile for me to like the main character, Rachel.  She is an alcoholic with stalker-ish behavior and I just felt bad for her.  I disliked Anna from the beginning and still do.  Megan, I just plain felt sorry for.  

Rachel travels on the train everyday, admiring the couple she see's from the train that she has "affectionately" named "Jason" and Jess," but things are not always what they seem.  This book is full of secrets, lies and suspense!  It kept me guessing; I highly recommend it. 

I'll be seeing the movie soon and can't wait to see how it compares!

No comments:

Post a Comment