This is my first Top Ten Tuesday! It's a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This weeks theme is: "Ten Characters I'd name a child/dog/cat/car/etc. after."
10 Characters I'd name a child/pet after:
This reminded me of another favorite of mine, Freya.
2. Liv - This name makes me think of Liv Tyler, but I've always liked it because it's unique and simple. Though, it could be a nickname, I like just like it is.
3. Kestrel - At first, this one of those names that I wasn't sure if I liked or not. Not even sure if it's a "real" name or something that was made up for the book. The more I read The Winner's Curse, the more I grew to like it.
4. Winter - I've definitely heard of this name before, but I've always found it pretty. I think I've only come across one in my life. I knew of three sisters once when I was younger, that were named Winter, Autumn and Summer. I used to think that was really cool.
5. Nora - I remember reading A Doll's House in high school and then again recently to help catch up with my goodreads goal last year. I still like this name.
6. Scarlet - I've liked this name since watching Gone with the Wind, but since I've never actually read the book, I'm using Scarlet from the Lunar Chronicles as my example.
7. Clary - I know this is a nickname and her real name is Clarissa (which was a name I used to like), but I just like the nickname better.
8. Lissa - It was really hard for me to come up with any more names, but I thought this was a decent one.
9. Hermione - Definitely starting to reach on this one. I picked it because it's unique and it's kind of nice.
10. Tris - I can't stand the name Beatrice, but I do like the nickname 'Tris.'
This was pretty difficult for me to come up with 10. I'm rather picky when it comes to naming a child; I like uncommon, real, non-trendy, not-in-the-top-100-list kind of person. For pets, doesn't matter. You're probably wondering why no boy name? LOL, well there hasn't been a boy name that I've come across yet that I've liked.