Saturday, August 3, 2013

Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette

These colors are so pretty and so is the packaging!

 

I'm sure this is the first thing that would catch people's attention: the packaging!  It sure did for me.  The packaging is literally 3D, those are fake leather-looking strips going across.  Pretty packaging makes the worst products even look better, but this is by far from a bad product.  In fact, it is wonderful.  The eyeshadow colors are so beautiful and so pigmented.


Most of these are metallic, which I love, and these shadows are all new colors!  A Glamour Guide is included that shows three eye looks to create using this palette.  This is the perfect palette to use for a night out, and there are colors that are good for daytime wear too!

From Left to Right: Dainty, Charming, Girly, Totally Fetch, Miss Sparkles
 I love "Girly."  I know from the picture it kind of makes me think of a bruise, haha, but I like how it is iridescent using brown and olive green shades.  "Totally Fetch" reminds me of the movie Mean Girls.  Of course most eyeshadow palettes for some reason always have to contain a black shadow.  This one is a little different because it has sparkles, hence the name "Miss Sparkles."  I don't think I own another black shadow like that.
From Left to Right: Ringleader, Gangsta, Instigator, Badass, and Jailbird
 From the second row, the first two that caught my eye was "Badass" and "Jailbird.  I'm not really into the color navy, but this shade is beautiful.  Perfect alternative to the typical smokey eye with black shadow.  "Jailbird" is one of the reasons I got this palette.  I really wanted a nice silver shade and this is perfect!

I didn't use any eyeshadow primer beforehand the shadows went on so amazingly.  Just think what they would look like with primer!  I have had this palette for a little while now and haven't used it yet because I haven't been able to go out at night for more than one reason, but I may just be daring and use it during the day.  I don't see what's wrong with a dramatic eye look and nude lip during the daytime!  As long as it's balanced out.

I purchased this palette from the Too Faced website, but that's because they were having a percentage off, but that expired a while ago.  It is $46 and totally worth the price.  According to the website there are limited quantities.




4 comments:

  1. I've thought about trying some too faced cosmetics but I haven't gotten around to purchasing any (so many bills!)
    From the appearance on your wrist, it looks pretty heavy-- thick, almost cakey or liquidy. Does it feel that way?
    Is it long lasting?
    I'm not so sure if I'd be willing to buy a 10 color pallet of eyeshadow for $46 :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have other Too Faced palettes and this is by far the best one! It's not heavy, thick or cakey at all. I barely swiped each color when putting them on my wrist, they are that pigmented!

      They have gotten great reviews and I highly recommend it. I'm sure going into Sephora or Ulta to see for yourself would help.

      If you use ebates, you can get 8.0% cash back if you buy through sephora.com =)

      Delete
  2. Hello, I just found your blog and I love it!

    I have to say I have been eyeing this palette for quite some time and the colors are beautiful. Girly is such a unique shadow I don't think I own anything like it. The pigmentation is also amazing!!!!! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! This palette is amazing. I highly recommend it!

      Delete