Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Fave Five


I'm linking up with Jennifer at Mom's Got Mail for her Friday Fave Five Blog Hop.  



Favorite in Beauty






I got a sample-size version of the StriVectin-AR Advanced Retinol Night Treatment in a previous subscription box, possibly Birchbox, and now have just got around to trying it.  I really like it, but I'm not wanting to spend $109, even with using Birchbox points.  If anyone knows a great, cheaper alternative, let me know!  I'm looking for a night treatment only.  Retinol typically irritates my skin, but this one didn't.  



Favorite in Fashion






I'm loving these cozy socks from Target.  I like to wear these at home and they're so warm and comfy!  You can only buy these two-packs online, but there are several different colors and patterns sold individually in stores.  They also have ankle and knee socks too, but I prefer the crew.  I have bought 4 paris, but I'm planning on going back to get more!



Favorite in Entertainment






How to Get Away with Murder is my new favorite show.  If you haven't been watching it, you need to!  It's so good.  It's about a Professor and her law students, and the end up getting involved in a murder plot.



Favorite in Food






I've been buying these cookies from Whole Foods, and they taste just like Thin Mints!  I like to think these are a healthier version too, LOL.



Favorite in Books (that I haven't read)






I know I've posted about The Sleeper and the Spindle last week, but I just got it in the mail.  It's such a beautiful book and I love it!  I haven't read it, so I can't comment on the story, only the illustrations.  If you love fairy tales and beautiful illustrations, this book is for you!  I ordered it from Book Depository, and they ship from the UK, but shipping is free!  It took about 7 business days to get to me after it shipped.


That's it for my Faves this week, what are yours?

4 comments:

  1. Those socks do look extra cozy ! And you gotta love knockoff girl scout cookies ! i have keebler elf coconut ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fast shipping from the UK! I love Fairy Tales. My oldest daughter is obsessed with fuzzy indoor socks. I recommend you try Paula's Choice for an affordable skin care option!

    ReplyDelete