Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag: On the Wild Side - June 2013

This is my first Ipsy bag and I'm pretty happy with the products that I received.  It's only $10/month and I received 5 full-size makeup products.


I love the bag!


Retail: $21

I love this color.  It's like a dark, shimmery grey, and kind of reminds me of graphite.  The quality is very good and goes on pretty smoothly.  I also love that it comes with a brush!


Retail: $12

I really like this color, it's a nice coral and brighter than I thought it would be.  I definitely have lipsticks I can wear this with.  The quality is excellent and very creamy.


Retail: $18

The color of this pencil looks more of like a concealer than a highlighter.  The color doesn't seem quite light enough.  I'm afraid it will just blend into the rest of my skin.  I will still try it and maybe I can find another use for it.


Retail: $6

I was hoping to not get the cream blush in my bag because I'm not a big fan.  I have only one cream blush and the reason I don't really like them is because they tend to take off the makeup underneath it when applied.  I will give it a shot and see if it works.  I do like this color though, it's a very nice subtle pink.


Retail: $4.49

I have no idea what in the hell I'm going to use this for.  Considering that the website says to "use caution" when applied around the eye area, it makes me apprehensive to even put it on my lids at all.  The colors are pretty, but the glitter seems a bit too hard and it would take a lot to get good coverage.  Also, It seems to flake off easily.  Maybe I will save this for Halloween.


Left to Right: blush, eyeliner, lip liner, highlighter

 

J. Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in Suzie swatches.  Not too good.

Total Retail Value: Over $60!!

Overall, I was happy with my first bag, but that could be because it was my first bag and have nothing to compare it to.  I am looking forward to what they send in July's bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment