Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October Update

Since I haven't made a blog post in a while, I thought I would update on what has been going on.   I have been majorly slacking in my blog posts this month, which I didn't intend to happen, but I have been pretty busy.  There were several subscription boxes that I meant to post (Ipsy, Birchbox, Ellie Fit Fashionista, Popsugar, Eco Emi, and Blush Mystery) that I didn't get around to and kept putting off so I just decided to not post about them this month.

I fully intend to blog about these boxes in November, and hopefully come up with some other things to post about, but November will be quite a busy month too.  I will be participating, for the first time in NaNoWriMo.  NaNoWriMo stands for "National Novel Writing Month," and it starts on November 1 and ends on the 30th.

For those that don't know what this is, you have a month to write a novel containing at least 50,000 words (which is broken down to about 1,667 words a day) in order to "win."  This will be my first time doing this, and I'm not quite sure how it all works.    I don't think you actually win anything from this, but you just get the satisfaction of completing a goal.

I have never even attempted to write a novel, or any type of story, so this will be a challenge for me.  I definitely do not consider myself a "writer," but writing a novel has always been in the back of mind of something I would like to try.

I'm very excited about participating, and I already have ideas on what I will be writing about.  I will probably update on how I'm doing.  If you are interested in checking it out, click here!

My profile is here, but I don't have much on it yet.  I'm still trying to figure things out.  If you are doing this as well, add me as a buddy!

You can also get help from others by posting in forums and talking to people.  I know this is far from beauty related, but I have for a while, wanted to include other types of posts in my blog as well.

Now I will impatiently wait for the Popsugar Must Have Limited Edition Holiday Box to go on sale...

2 comments:

  1. I tried NaNoMo a few years ago and only made it through part of the month but I'll give it another whirl! Thanks for reminding me it was happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard about a couple of weeks ago...so glad I didn't find out right in the middle! If you end up participating, good luck!

      Delete