Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year's Resolutions - 2014

I've made up quite a list of New Year's Resolutions for this year.  These are not all just things I would like to accomplish this year, but changes I would like to make from now on even after this year is over.

Beauty Resolutions

1. Don't skip skincare routine - I have several skincare products that won't be used unless I actually use them.  It seems like an easy thing to fix, but for me, it's not.  There are several times at night, before I go to bed, that I'm just too lazy to take the time to wash my face, tone, apply serums, eye cream, moisturizer etc. and would just rather sit on the couch and watch TV or read a book.  My daughter, who is almost two, keeps me very busy during the day and by the time she gets to bed, I just want to do nothing.  This is something I need to work on.  

2.  Use up skincare products before opening/buying new ones - I'm the type of person that will open up several products and go back and forth using them.  What I need to do is use up one before moving to the next.  Simple.

3.  Manicures - I have so many polishes and I continue to buy more, but I rarely use them.  The only time I seem to be able to do my nails is at night after my daughter goes to bed.  I sure can't take care of her during the day having wet nails.  I would like to do this once a week.

Health & Fitness

1.  Exercise - This one is typical, but for me, it's a little different.  I won't just be starting to work out for the first time in my life, I need to get back into fitness.  I have a gym membership and have rarely gone lately.  After my daughter was born, I was so adamant about getting back into shape.  I was literally at the gym every single day working out, and I did get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  When I was into it, I really started to like it, and when I missed a day, it felt like something was missing.  I would like to workout 5 days a week if possible and go to the gym 2-3 days a week.  I need to figure out a workout schedule and go back to the gym...starting tomorrow.  

2.  Eat healthier - Self explanatory.  Also, cook more at home, don't eat as much takeout, drink more water, and tea.

3.  Use the fucking juicer - I bought a juicer, maybe 4 months ago, and have barely used it.  I wanted it, yet my husband uses it more.  I have two recipe books and I also can find more recipes online.  It is a pain in the ass to clean, but I need to be using it more. 

Organization

1.  Schedule EVERYTHING - Literally.  I need to plan out everything I do in a day i.e. fitness, cleaning, meals, you name it.  I feel like if I write everything down, I'm more likely to get it done.  I have a planner and an exercise journal on the way.

2.  Put everything back where it came from - I typically, when putting things a while, will just throw it somewhere rather than putting it back where it belongs.  My husband does the same, which makes it worse.  In the end, I have to reorganize everything in a certain area and it ends up being a waste of time.  Which brings me to my third point...

3.  Reorganize - Yeah, I need to reorganize kitchen cabinets, closets etc.

Other

1.  Read more - I made a goal for myself this year to read more books.  I've bought so many lately and they need to be read!  I made a goal through Goodreads that I would read 20 books this year and I plan on accomplishing that.  

2.  Blog more - Self explanatory. 

3. Paint and draw again - It's been a while since I've painted or drew anything.  I need to get back into that.

4.  Scrapbooking - A year and half ago, and I bought all the supplies I would need to make a wedding scrapbook for my husband and I, yet I haven't done a thing. I'm not kidding.

What are your some of your resolutions or changes you would like to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment