Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Book Review: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer




From Goodreads



I absolutely loved this book, the story was very enjoyable.  If I didn't have other responsibilities, I would of read this book in one-sitting.  It is a bit predictable, but it didn't stop me from rating it 5 stars on Goodreads or from enjoying the book.  Cinder is based off of Cinderella, set in the future.  Cinder is a Cyborg who was "adopted" into a family when she was eleven years old.  There is an e-book novella that gives a bit of a background story that I read before reading Cinder, and I highly recommend reading that first.  She has no memory of her life or what happened to her before then.  Her stepfather died relatively close (from Letumosis, a very deadly disease) to after she came to live with his family, and her stepmother, Adri, doesn't want her there.  Cinder has two step-sisters, one not so nice, while the other, Peony, is Cinder's only human friend.  She is also friends with the household android, Iko, that has developed somewhat of a human personality.

I disliked Adri and the "evil" stepsister Pearl, a lot, and hated the Lunar Queen even more.  Cinder and Prince Kai are very likable characters, along with Peony, and the funny household android Iko with the human-like personality.

I highly recommend reading this book.  I'm mad that I didn't read this sooner!  Now, I'm on to reading the next book, Scarlet.

Add me as a friend on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment