Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag: Glamour Academy

I love this month's Ipsy Glam Bag!  The August theme is "Glamour Academy," and there were very few items that I didn't want.  At first, I thought I would be mad if I didn't end up with the mini UD lipstick, but the more I thought about it, I didn't care and would have been happy to receive the lip balm as well, but I ended up getting the lipstick anyway.

Ipsy is only $10/month and is a recurring beauty subscription service.  You will receive full-size and deluxe sample-size products in makeup, skincare and hair care.

 Here is this month's bag...

August 2013 Glam Bag
I think this month's bag is much cuter in person.  I received...

Eye Shadow, Brow Pencil, and Mascara
1.  MicaBeauty Eye shadow in Bronze - This is probably the third or so bronze eye shadow I have received this summer, but that's okay.  I still like the shade and it's not exactly the same as the others.  I have very few loose eye shadows.

Value - $14.95 (full size)

2.  Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color Pencil - I'm so happy that I got the eyebrow pencil in my bag because I have been looking for a new one.  The color is a little too dark, but if I put it on lightly, it should be fine.  

Value - $18 (full size)

3.  Pixi Beauty Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black - I can always use a new mascara.  I have not opened this one yet because they don't last long once opened.  I have heard this isn't the best mascara, though.  Whenever I end up with a mascara that doesn't cover lashes well or doesn't add much volume, I end up using it along with another one.  If this is the case with this one, then I can just use it with something else.  That way, it doesn't go to waste.

Value - $7.14

Lipstick and Facial Scrub
4.  Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Anarchy - This is a nice hot pink shade.  I love how tiny and cute this mini lipstick is!  The texture is so creamy, and when I swatched it, it took forever for it to come off.  I definitely plan to purchase some full-size shades.

Value - $7.33

5.  Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub - I love this scrub...well pretty much any scrubs!  I've been obsessively hoarding lots of beauty products lately, scrubs included.  I have never tried Michael Todd products before and always wanted to.  I would of been happy with the pumpkin mask too because I've been hoarding lots of those too lately, LOL.

Value - $5.29

Here are the swatches...

Eye Shadow, Eyebrow Pencil, Lipstick (No primer used.)
The total value of my bag is $52.71!!  So happy with my August bag.  For me, it just keeps getting better and better!  Can't wait for September =)

Sign up here for only $10/month

July 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

June 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

2 comments:

  1. The mascara is actually pretty good. I found that it lasted all day, and coated pretty well. It seems like a pretty basic result, but still not bad.

    ReplyDelete