Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thursday Thoughts



               I'm linking up with Jen over at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for Thursday Thoughts.


-  I've contemplated quite a while on trying the Raw till 4 diet.  It's not so much a diet, but more of a lifestyle change.  You eat raw food until 4 pm, mostly fruit, and then have a cooked vegan meal at night.  I haven't been following it completely, but I do notice I have a lot more energy and just feel healthier in general.  I haven't given up meat totally, but I've definitely cut down.  I actually felt sick from eating ground beef the other night.  This kind of proves just how bad meat is for you, high in cholesterol and high in fat.

-  I've been obsessed with buying books and reading lately, that I decided to add Book Reviews to this blog, occasionally.  I'm in by no means a good writer, but I still made an attempt.  You can read it here if you like.  Most reviews will probably be on Young Adult books.  There are so many good ones out there; why didn't they have books like this when I was a teenager? LOL.  Or maybe I didn't notice because I wasn't into reading outside of school-assigned books!

-  Speaking of books, I ordered The Sleeper and the Spindle from Book depository.  I couldn't seem to get it from anywhere other than a UK site and they have free shipping worldwide.  It's such a pretty book and should be getting it soon.






-  We have a Christening to go to on Sunday.  I bought a cheap dress from Modcloth, the "Giving Legend Dress."  I figured it would look cute with a black card, tights, and heels.  At the moment, it's now 30% off!



Image Credit:  Modcloth



-  I'm beyond excited for the Winter Fortune Cookie Soap Box.  The theme is "Old Fashioned Family Christmas" and it's based off of the movie Christmas Vacation, which is my favorite Christmas movie of all time.  I think it's pretty nostalgic for a lot of people.  My box is scheduled to be delivered Saturday, and I will probably post about it as soon as I get it!  The collection launches November 21.  I believe you can still sign up for the Winter Box here!



Image Credit:  Fortune Cookie Soap



That's if for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment