Saturday, June 29, 2013

Glossybox: American Beauty - June 2013

After what seemed like forever, here is June's Glossybox.  I thought it would never come.

June 2013 Glossybox
Frome Left to Right: c. Booth Honey Almond Nourishing Dry Oil Mist, Philip B.  Peppermint & Avocado Shampoo, tarte complexion enhancing lipstick, SpaRitual Favorites Nail Polish, and Oscar de la Renta perfume samples.

The only thing I'm not sure if I will use or not, is the Philip B. shampoo.  Since my hair is color-treated, I don't think a clarifying shampoo will be great for my hair.  

The c. Booth dry oil mist seems like the perfect thing to use when skin is dry.  I will probably take this with me to Vegas and when I go to the beach later on this summer.  

I know some people were complaining about the tarte lipstick, but I actually like it, and is probably my favorite item in the box.  The center is pink, and when applied, gives off a nice pinky-nude color.  I did get the fair-to-light shade, and it goes well with my skin tone.  The container of the lipstick is cardboard, but it doesn't really bother.  It is very sturdy.  I have a perfume stick with similar packaging.  I've brought it with me while traveling, and it has never gotten damaged.

The SpaRitual nail polish is not something I would wear during the summer.  The color is called "Death by Chocolate," and it is literally the color of chocolate.  I only own one brown nail polish, and though I do like the color, it's something I would wear during the fall only.

I do really like the scents of the Oscar de la Renta perfume samples, and they come in a really cute bag with charms at the ends of the ties.  I always like having perfume samples around because they are easier to travel with than a glass perfume bottle.  I will probably take these with me when I go to Vegas this Tuesday.

Overall, I do like the box, but as of now I have cancelled...already.  This is only my second box.  I may wait and see what will be in the July box to decide if I want to reactivate my subscription.  The retail value of this box is around $40.

I am really disappointed that the box didn't include the Bondi nail polish.  I will have to make a purchase from their website real soon, they have so many nice colors!



No comments:

Post a Comment